Kit,

Yes, you have to edit the file by hand. I know that isn't what you wanted
to hear, but it's alot nicer than what JRun was asking us to do for CMP
(writing the full query for everything, it wouldn't generate a single
findBy or create).
You can edit the orion-ejb-jar.xml, then include it in your ejb.jar. Just
remember that the only time this file gets copied over is on initial
deployment.

Jeff.