-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Juan Lorandi
(Chile)
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 2:20 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: communication among ejbs in different applications

first, let's get one thing out of the way:

'parent' attribute is a JNDI facility, no more, no less.

there still are separate "containers" for each app (this may not be useful
in all apps, specially since transactions may not function as expected)
it allows for JNDI properties to propagate BOTH ways (they always propagate
from father to son, default father being the "default-app")

Now, this is where I was aiming to:

have apps A, B deployed; do not use "parent" attribute.

connect A & B apps using JNDI parameterized contexts (see connecting from
applet, application in www.orionsupport.com)

Pray for correct transaction enroling/2PC.

Juan Pablo

PS: Are you sure these errors you get are provoked by each App correctly
'seeing' the other?
the dump looks like a bug in orion's JMS implementation