a resend...

-----Original Message-----
From: elephantwalker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 11:15 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: Apache and Orion

One radical suggestion...

1. orion serves up static content much faster than Apache. Drop Apache
altogether. I know that Oracle doesn't recommend this, but that's because
they have a vested interest in their other solution.
2. Use an ssl accelerator card. For example, sonicwall has an excellent
card. The loadbalancer from Orion doesn't yet support ssl (docs say it does,
but they are wrong).
3. If you must use apache, use the tunneling survlet.

regards,

the elephantwalker