Hi,
    I've been trying to get an applet up and running. The applet uses some
EJB's to do its work. This applet was make for Weblogic 5.1 and I'm trying
to move it to Orion 1.5.2.

The current layout of the applet is as follow:

salary-web/ (this is the root of the war I'm guessing)
- salary/
-- applet/
--- META-INF/
---- application-client.xml
--- salary/
--- ams-ejb.jar (this is the jar holding the EJBs, these are referenced in
the application-client.xml bellow)
--- crimson.jar
--- ejb.jar
--- fast2.jar
--- jaas.jar
--- jaxp.jar
--- jdbc.jar
--- jndi.jar
--- jta.jar
--- orion.jar
--- parser.jar
--- salary-ejb.jar (this is another EJB which is also referenced in the
application-client.xml)
--- xerces.jar
---- ui/
----- UserApplet.class (plus other class files)
-- html/
--- applet.html

application-client.xml (Contains the 3 references to the EJBs this applet
uses )
---------------------
<application-client>
   <ejb-ref>
      <ejb-ref-name>Salary</ejb-ref-name>
      <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
      <home>salary.ejb.SalaryHome</home>
      <remote>salary.ejb.Salary</remote>
   </ejb-ref>
   <ejb-ref>
      <ejb-ref-name>UserManager</ejb-ref-name>
      <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
      <home>ams.ejb.usermanager.UserManagerHome</home>
      <remote>ams.ejb.usermanager.UserManager</remote>
   </ejb-ref>
   <ejb-ref>
      <ejb-ref-name>DivisionManager</ejb-ref-name>
      <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
      <home>ams.ejb.divisionmanager.DivisionManagerHome</home>
      <remote>ams.ejb.divisionmanager.DivisionManager</remote>
   </ejb-ref>
</application-client>

applet.html
-----------
<OBJECT classid="clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93"
WIDTH = 780 HEIGHT = 580
codebase="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/jinstall-13-win32.cab#Vers
ion=1,3,0,0">
    <PARAM NAME="CODE"                      VALUE="salary.ui.UserApplet" >
    <PARAM NAME="CODEBASE"                  VALUE="/salary/applet/" >
    <PARAM NAME="InitialContextFactory"
VALUE="com.evermind.server.rmi.RMIInitialContextFactory">
    <PARAM NAME="ProviderURL"               VALUE="ormi://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx">
    <PARAM NAME="type"
VALUE="application/x-java-applet;version=1.3">
    <PARAM NAME="scriptable"                VALUE="false">
    <PARAM NAME="cache_archive"
VALUE="ams-ejb.jar,orion.jar,jndi.jar,ejb.jar,jaas.jar,xerces.jar,salary-ejb
.jar,fast2.jar,jaxp.jar,crimson.jar,jta.jar,jdbc.jar" >
    <PARAM NAME="cache_option"              VALUE="Plugin" >
    </OBJECT>

Current problem, is that I can't seem to get the initial context. However I
just noticed something rather odd.
When I first hit the applet it just hangs. So i put the trace level to 5 in
the java console and this is what I get:

InitialContext:com.evermind.server.rmi.RMIInitialContextFactory
ProviderURL:ormi://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY = java.naming.factory.initial
Context.PROVIDER_URL = java.naming.provider.url
Trace level set to 5: basic, net, security, ext, liveconnect ... completed.
Opening
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/salary/applet/com/evermind/server/administration/Appl
icationServerAdminstrator.class
Connecting
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/salary/applet/com/evermind/server/administration/Appl
icationServerAdminstrator.class with no proxy
Opening
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/salary/applet/com/sun/jndi/url/java/javaURLContextFac
tory.class
Connecting
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/salary/applet/com/sun/jndi/url/java/javaURLContextFac
tory.class with no proxy

What I find strang is that the class
com.sun.jndi.url.java.javaURLContextFactory.class doesn't exist. I've looked
in all the jar files, and through the java runtime jar file. I've search for
it on javasoft.com as well. I get nothing. If I can't find this class should
I be getting a class not found error? According to the console the class was
opened? Very strange.

If you see anything wrong with this setup or a reason for the applet hanging
please let me know.

Thanks
Paul

smime.p7s