Thanks guys, I will try it.

Eddie
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 5:54 PM
Subject: RE: Running Orion as Win 2000 services ???

JNT is a viable and simple alternative - http://www.eworksmart.com/JNT/

problems I encountered with it are that shutting down the service from the W2K services console hangs (after shutting the service down, so it's no big problem). A larger issue is that it uses the "default JVM", which on one of my machines is 1.2.2 (company required 'legacy app'), in which Orion doesn't run. Have not been able to figure out how to change that, even after consulting with our Microsoft contact.

Anyway, if you have 1.3 or greater installed, it's easy to install and remove, and has worked fine.

    --peter