All,

We have been using Orion & MS-SQL server successfully in a project.
The JDBC driver we are using is called Opta2000 (see
http://www.inetsoftware.de).
Here's an excerpt from our data-sources.xml:

 <data-source
  class="com.evermind.sql.DriverManagerDataSource"
  name="NBWO_BACKEND"
  location="core/NBWO_BACKEND"
  xa-location="xa/NBWO_BACKEND"
  ejb-location="NBWO_BACKEND"
  connection-driver="com.inet.tds.TdsDriver"
  username="sa"
  password="sa"
  url="jdbc:inetdae7:nbtodev:1433?database=nbwo_backend"
  inactivity-timeout="120"
 />

We've had no troubles so far.

Regards,