There is a workaround that has been in Orion for a while - by specifying
that your beans are executed in the same container, you save the
marshalling & remote calls that normal EJB uses.

In orion-ejb-jar.xml, you can set "copy-by-value=false", which will pass
by reference instead.

http://kb.atlassian.com/content/orion/docs/deployment/orion-ejb-jar.xml.html

If you do any performance testing, please let me know the differences in
speed.

Of course - you can still use local interfaces to achieve the same thing.

Cheers,
Scott

Eddie Post wrote:

> Hellu,
>
> Can someone tell me what the performance boost is when you change your
> remote and home interfaces to local interfaces with Orion 1.5.4 ?
>
> I did this but I know that with Bea you could already indicate if your
> beans and clients were located on the same machine such that it already
> had some kind of local workaround. I was wandering how Orion did and
> does this ??
>
> Eddie

Scott Farquhar :: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Atlassian :: http://www.atlassian.com