Just picking up on Scott's request... the change to using
"copy-by-value=false" gave our application on average a 20% speedup. The
application only uses Remote interfaces at present. The testing was carried
out using JUnit+HTTPUnit to execute multiple passes of our regression test
suite (500+ tests generating HTTP traffic, taking about 2 minutes to
execute). Timings were recorded before and after the change was made.

Jon