Because SOMEONE (I'm not going to mention BEA's name) couldn't see their
way around actually optimizing that way. There is an actual performance
benefit, I suppose, in that local interfaces and home objects don't throw
RemoteException, but personally, I think this is a sign that Sun was
serious when they put the black hole in ".com".

Joseph B. Ottinger                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://enigmastation.com                    IT Consultant