Hi,
What version are you using?
I saw this problem in 1.0.2.2, but not 1.0.2.2.1 the same way.

Do you really need to create 1,000,000 rows in one transaction, or will
it actually be many transactions?  If I create 1000 beans/transaction,
and call it many times, it seems I only ever have 1000 total used/pooled
instances.

I did change instance-cache-timeout="1" for the entity bean I am testing.

Another change I made (for different reasons) was to set
exclusive_write_acesss= "false", I don't know if that effected this at all.

hope this helps,
Roxanne

--

Roxanne Tapia