Hello gang

I have a question about a situation that I am facing.  Currently we are
using servlets to store session information.  i.e.  For instance, you
the front end people wanted to store data into the session they would
call SessionServlet?step=save&sessionId=123&myVal=xyz.  In turn a call
to it with step=get would return xml containing the value previously
stored.  It's a somewhat rudimentary way of getting around cookies.  Our
front end is written in a version of Vignette that doesn't support
jsp(another story).  My question is, the infrastructure guys recently
introduced a load balancers and now we are not guaranteed to get the
same server.  Big problem.  Have any of you solved a problem similar to
this.  Unfortunately, upgrading to the next version of Vignette isn't
the solution.  We are about a year or more away budget wise.  Thanks
again for taking the time to read an off topic post.

Mike