Apologies, I probably didn't make myself sufficiently clear. With EJB
2.0, aren't finder queries meant to be specified in the ejb-jar.xml
file using EJB-QL? Consequently, Orions's lack of support for EJB-QL
means that it's currently not possible to write portable CMP EJBs.

Yes, I realise that you can get the orion-ejb-jar.xml file and edit
the finders in that, but one of the touted benefits of the latest
release of J2EE is that CMP is now a lot more portable between app
servers, and doing that destroys this benefit.

Or have I missed something? Still finding my feet with J2EE
programming, so if anyone wants to set me straight, I'd appreciate it.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 04:07:43AM -0800, Ray Harrison wrote:
> Simon -
> No its not tricky, I write them all the time. Orion has always had a rather=
>  sophisticated finder
> mechanism to provide (at least) some of the functionality of ejb-ql. And I =
> haven't worked with the
> JBoss 3.0 beta so I can't comment there.
>
> Cheers
> Ray
> --- Simon Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 04:36:44PM -0800, The elephantwalker wrote:
> > > sans ejb-ql, 1.5.4 is compatible.
> >
> > Silly question, but doesn't this make writing EJB 2.0 CMP beans a
> > little tricky? And if it's not too far off topic, how does JBoss
> > compare?

Cheers,

Simon

--
<dngor> Every little bit of seaweed kelps.