The term law of Moses and Israel is used in wedding ceremonies to this day
and Hanna Cotton discussed a similar term known from ketubot and talmuds--
the dual term Moses and Israel was understood in medieval times to mean
"under the conditions approved by Rabbinic authority" likewise I assume
the Messiah of aaron and israel means the messiah understood to fulfill
the conditions approved by community authority. Whether that is a
messianic title to refer to the true Messiah or a formula referring to an
official or all officials I do not know but I know the dual term Moses and
Israel, Moses and Judah was fixed in the first/second centuries. I am not
really sure what it meant then but the dual term was not a problem-- it
did not represent 2 separate groups but a single entity.

I am not sure these remarks are germane but they are at least new I
believe.

Herb Basser
For private reply, e-mail to Herbert Basser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>