Daniel

Thank-you, I will look into Vector.

>However, there is something wrong here.  The fact that WebLogic and JRun
>happen to use jakarta-oro somewhere internally does not mean that the
>library is there to be used by services hosted inside of the engines
>(which I'll generically refer to as servlets).  In other words, jakarta-oro
>is not part of their exported APIs.  You should provide your own version
>of all libraries your application depends upon and bundle them appropriately
>in your WEB-INF/lib or WEB-INF/classes directories.  Don't rely on
>libraries that the service container just happens to use.

Sadly in both WebLogic and JRun these libraries appear take priority. In fact I had no
idea either had ORO installed and I dropped the ORO jar into the WEB-INF/lib as usual
as you say. In both cases they just used their own copies. In the case of Jrun the
classes are buried in jrun.jar which sounds a bit important but since this is the
'good' version not too much of a problem. In WebLogic ORO is present as a stand-alone
2.0.1 jar in an ant directory under the server lib. I know in earlier versions of
WebLogic there was a way to push your own jar to the front, but I hoped to avoid such
trickery.

Steve