In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Steve Holt" writes:
>Sadly in both WebLogic and JRun these libraries appear take priority. In fact
>I had no idea either had ORO installed and I dropped the ORO jar into the WEB-
>INF/lib as usual as you say. In both cases they just used their own copies. In

Sad day indeed!  This is shocking to me, but I just reviewed the Servlet 2.3
spec and the problem is in the spec in section SRV.9.7.2:

  It is further recommended that the loader not allow servlets in the WAR
  access to the web container's implementation classes.

  It is recommended also that the application class loader be implemented
  so that classes and resources packaged within the WAR are loaded in
  preference to classes and resources residing in container-wide library
  JARs.

I don't believe those sentences were even in the 2.2 spec (which is
also disturbing), but "recommended" is just not good enough.  It
should be "required."

I apologize for contributing to your current plight.

daniel