On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 17:34 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-09-21 at 16:31 +0100, Lukas Zeller wrote:
> > I also attached a PDF (Synthesis_SyncML_SAN_implementation_notes.pdf)
> > which documents the way we have implemented SAN in the Synthesis PDA
> > clients (Winmobile and PalmOS). It might answer some of the questions
> > already.
>
> Yes, it does, at least for the HTTP server case.

Some more questions...

First, the SyncML server may choose a Session ID in one of the SAN
fields. If it does, the client is expected to use that in its first
SyncML message. Is this supported by the Synthesis engine when running
as client?

Second, when using the Synthesis server to synchronize against phones
via Bluetooth we will have to emulate other servers ("PC Suite") and
their URIs, otherwise the phones won't know how to sync with us. We
don't want to name our server datastores according to what some other
software has chosen. Even if we wanted, we can't do that if one phone
expects to sync against "contacts" and the other against "addressbook".

I suppose configuring "aliases" for datastores might work, where the
alias is chosen based on the current peer. Has this been considered or
even implemented already?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.