So this approach sounds good to me, but there are a few things that I want to
know before I dive into this thing simply because I don't have enough time
here this summer to be able to address all these issues:

Would this still work for the current GUI or are there going to be some major
changes necessary to continue the current method of running things?  Would we
need to keep 2 versions of things for a while to get things running?  Also,
how would the database values get seeded in the database?  I'm assuming that
DongInn is creating the table where these things will go.  They could be read
in from files so that we would have a setup with a configurator.sql to
initialize the values and configurator.xml to show the display formatting.

Lastly, and I don't want to sound pressing again, is this something that would
happen soon (as in the next couple of weeks) or take a while?  I'd be happy
to do the XML part of this but if noone else has time to get the database
part done, I'm going to be hurting when it comes down to crunch time.

Thanks again for your patience,
Wesley