Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot for your feedback and you're welcome for testing OSCAR on rhel-6-
x86_64.

I've uploaded the rebuild of oscar, and started to test. Right now, I4ve been
able to identifiy and reproduce the 2 issues raised earlyer (oda.pm not found
and oscar.conf not created).

I'm working to fixe those issues and will post when I think it'll be fixed.

As for OSCAR version, IMHO, the current unstable version is the only one that
can work on rhel-6-x86_64.
This this the one I'll use to deploy my centos7 cluster in  a month or so.

As it's a development version, it's not yet stable as you can see, but I'm
working hard to fix all issues ASAP, and hopefully, we should have a useable
and working oscar core in a not so long time. maybe a month.

As you can see, se're still using centos6 systemimager as it's not buildable
elswhere, but that's not a big issue as it's a "noarch" package that is
standalone regarding binaries.

Olivier.

Le Tuesday 15 July 2014 09:05:30 a...@comserv-usa.com a écrit :
> Great! I will try it now.  I have lots of laptops so if you need a guinea
> pig tester let me know :-) I'm also trying to get a version working for our
> HPC environment but so far 5.x is the only one that has worked for us.  I'm
> shooting for 6.1x now so hopefully I won't ask to many painful questions :)
>  Thanks for being the geek you are! I love OSCAR 5.x and am excited!
>
> Andy
>
> > On July 15, 2014 at 5:48 AM Olivier LAHAYE <olivier.lah...@cea.fr> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > Please accept my apologies for latest build, I sent a message on oscar
> > progress and though that the rhel6 build was ok (couldn't check it as I
> > had to leave early that last friday).
> > Due to a filesystem full on my rhel6 build VM, the upload was incomplete
> > and Thus you may have encountered upgrade issues on some opkgs (same
> > version but with dist tag added that conflict).
> >
> > I'm currently doing a full rebuild on rhel6 that should be soon available
> > and is aimed at solving this issue.
> >
> > Then I'll try to reproduce the various reported issues that are not
> > related to the above build issue.
> >
> > For those who want to restart from scratch without reinstalling OSCAR,
> > here is a somewhat good solution:
> >
> > sudo oscar-config -t
> >
> > sudo yum -y remove oscar drmaa-python ganglia* jobmonarch* "ganglia*"
> > "jobmonarch*" "*torque*" "*openmpi*" "*systemimager*" netbootmgr opkgc
> > perl-Qt atptp-server dhcp "mysql*"
> >
> > sudo rm -rf /etc/oscar /var/lib/oscar /var/lib/oscar-packager /etc/ganglia
> > /etc/naemon /etc/systemimager /etc/systeminstaller /var/log/oscar
> >

> > Note:
> > I've updated the Quick Install Guide:
> > http://svn.oscar.openclustergroup.org/trac/oscar/wiki/quick_start_guide_fo
> > r_rhel