Adoption does not mean the whole things inside an agency must go OSS.
We need to understand that.

Do we count Web server as the bechmark? What about the used of
MailScanner inside MAMPU?
The mampu.gov.my emails are scan by MailScanner.

What about Internal application inside Prime Minister Office. Yes www.pmo.gov.my
is using Lotus Domino but internal applications are using PHP and
build and support by themself.
and they make use of Nagios for monitoring critical servers.

Visit www.pmo.gov.my and we will find OSCC logo there. Showing the
support of OSS.

What about AGC (Pejabat Peguam Negara)? They have a very good team in OSS.

MOF officially has a unit supporting OSS. Not to mention MOF website
running on OSS.

95% is know to us because most of the agencies, will used OSS for internal use.

Baseline for government agencies is different. Getting them to used
Mozilla Firefox is a challenge. Management approval, problem accessing
gov applications and more.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Boh Yap <bhy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> 1.  www.malaysia.gov.my, THE MAIN .gov portal is running IIS!
> 2.  those guys that went oracle prob have big budgets...
>
> 3.  The TRANSFORMATION server is running IIS,
>       http://www.transformation.gov.my
>     WTF?!
>     Isn't the whole transform. initiative to change the way we work, think
>     'out of the box', be bolder, have some 'blue ocean' endeavors,
> 'walk the talk...' ?
>     -- and they fall back to a 'safe' and 'no-risk' way.
>     Is the big man aware the message this is putting across - prob. not..
>
> like they say: "the're lies, damn lies and statistics..."
> perhaps Raja can enlighten us further?
>
> Treasury        http://www.treasury.gov.my/         Apache ?
> EduWeb TV       http://www.eduwebtv.com/            Apache 2.2, PHP
> OSCC            http://www.oscc.org.my/             Apache 2.2.3
> SSM,            http://www.ssm.com.my/              Apache1.3
>  Companies Comm.
> MIDA            http://www.mida.gov.my/en_v2/       apache2.2
> MyIdea          http://www.myideas.my               Apache2.2.3
> MDEC            http://www.mscmalaysia.my/          Apache2.2.3
> JAKIM           http://www.halal.gov.my/            Apache2.2.6, PHP
> SMIDec          http://www.smidec.gov.my/           drupal? Apach32.2.11
> eGov Portsl     http://www.malaysia.gov.my/EN/Pages/default.aspx
>                                                    IIS 7.0
> MATRADE         http://www.matrade.gov.my/cms/index.jsp
>                                                    Java?
> Gov Transfm     http://www.transformation.gov.my/   IIS Server
>  Program
> eSyariah        http://www.esyariah.gov.my          Oracle HTTP Server/1.3.22
> BLESS,          https://www.bless.gov.my
> Oracle-Application-Server-10g/10.1.2.0.2
>  Biz Licnsing
> Bank Negara     http://www.bnm.gov.my/              PHP
> 1 Malaysia      http://www.1malaysia.com.my/        PHP
> Min of Entrp    http://www.mecd.gov.my/             timed out
>  & Coop
>
> PS
> how'd get the above info?
> write  script to download the webpages form URLs, use regular
> expressions to pick up keywords, store into arrays, etc...
>
> nah, too long to write and debug, unless I got some web scraping code
> already.. just look at the HTTP response headers, sometime they give
> quite a bit of info..
>

> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Mohd Fazli Azran Abd Malek
> <mfazliaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> That was realy weird.. in gosconf the said 70% but the figure is increase...
>> what to say.... Maybe term of server or application most figure they do..
>> like CMS/PHP/APACHE or OO... but not desktop... some Server like CentOS or
>> FreeBSD
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Harisfazillah Jamel
>> <linuxmalay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> 95 percent Adoption does not mean everything is using OSS. Its good to
>>> know most of the agencies know what is OSS. Can OSS answer this

>>> 2) The cost of implementation justify or not?

http://www.facebook.com/linuxmalaysia

My Blog
http://blog.harisfazillah.info/

My Network