There are many issues when it comes to an install fest.

Most importantly is the availability of fast Internet access. Can anyone
ensure that? Even the so called major IPTAs have shitty Internet access or
not made available to students. Also do you have a large enough place to fit
the people?

You might also end up spending hours resolving one issue and thus neglecting
the others who came.

Serioulsy it may be "inspiring" to view a film you torrented from the
Internet, it is another to work out the logistics. Many Malaysian students
are lazy by default. I have worked with students from HK and when you show
them how to apt-get or zypper once, they really do go home and
try....here...you fill in the blanks.

And yes I am cynical coz I have been there and done that....you wanna get
things up and running? Maybe focus on students from Pantai Timur or
Sabah/Sarawak. Those guys are really hunger for knowledge. Bigger towns'
students tend to be very satisfied with the pirated Windows they proudly
use!

Eric