I'm running kind of a non-standard desktop: NVIDIA "dual view" mode with two
different monitors at two different resolutions. I thought that might be
screwing up the screen size of the fonts, as I only see this issue with
SCREEN aligned text. To try to eliminate this variable (without completely
messing up my desktop), I set OSG_WINDOW=10 10 640 480 and ran again.
osgviewer renders in a window, as expected, but fonts are still incorrectly
sized. So, I assume the source of the problem isn't my non-standard desktop
configuration.

Note, I see this with all SCREEN text, the stats display, osgtext example
(but the 3D text in that example is fine), osghud, osgfxbrowser, etc.

Next, I'll try taking the 2.2 osgText src and include directories, drop them
into my SVN tree, and rebuild. So I'll have the old osgText with the new OSG
and 3rd party dependencies. If I can get it to build, that should be a good
test.
   -Paul