I' m also interested in scripting: tried introspection based osgLua and
osgPython with not much success.
Also tried binary version of  osgSwig (version 2.1.11 I presume), was
able to run viewer.py but not much more.
I did not found many python examples, neither in any of the project
above, Is it because the wrapping is not yet stable or
like "the example are left as an exercise to the reader"
Any available example scripts would be really appreciated by a novice
python user as I am.
Iwould also be very intersted in CMake building, and willing to help
expecially under Windows platform.

Thanks
               Luigi