Hi Robert,

>>  In other words, for 2 side-by-side screens, it will return
>>
>>  screen 1 = 0, 0, 1280, 1024
>>  screen 2 = 1280, 0, 1280, 1024
>>
>>  and for 2 screens one above the other, it will return
>>
>>  screen 1 = 0, 0, 1280, 1024
>>  screen 2 = 0, 1024, 1280, 1024
>
> Have you tested and confirmed that this is the case?  i.e. is it
> something we can rely upon?  If so then it would be very useful.

Yes, I tested it and works (as long as it is set that way in the driver
- i.e. just placing your monitors one above the other won't change
anything if you don't change their arrangement in the driver :-) ).

> Adding a virtual getScreenPosition to the WindowSystemInterface base
> class would be straight forward.  I don't know yet how one would
> implement it under X11, but it should be possible.

OK, I'll submit something soon. Note that it will only have a concrete
implementation for Win32 in the beginning...

> Given the above then the next tweak of
> only if its actually implemented so we'd need a fallback.

The fallback would probably be that screen n's x position would be the
sum of all the previous screens' widths, which would give a linear setup
(so no change compared to current behaviour).

J-S