Hi Markus,

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Markus Hein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > I've checked in Sherman's fix, could users who've seen this problem do
>  > an svn update and let me know how you get on.
>
>  after svn-update and a complete rebuild I still have some issues . The
>  behavior of the app is more stable now (when switching threading model
>  modes), but it still crashes. Sometimes, the whole system is frozen. It
>  is unpredictable behavior, sometimes it just crashes, wasn't able to
>  repeat it.
>
>  Ok, best to wait for the reports from other users.

I think we need to be careful about clumping different issues
together, the fix from Sherman was a very specific workaround for a
bug in the NVidia driver coping with zero sized texture subloads that
was causing a crash (the stack trace would lead from the OSG into the
NVidia driver via the osgText::Font's subloading code.  Did you see
this crash previously, if so is this now fixed?

As for the other issues, are they text related?  Do any OSG example
exhibit this behaviour?

When I run glxinfo | grep version I get:

server glx version string: 1.4
client glx version string: 1.4
GLX version: 1.3
OpenGL version string: 2.1.1 NVIDIA 100.14.19

I'm using Kubuntu 7.10.  As yet I haven't been able to recreate the
problems with the divide by zero/NVidia bug.

Robert.

OpenGL version string: 2.1.1 NVIDIA 100.14.19