I discovered that using Wojciech's solution with the single threaded option
doesn't allways work. But I am not sure if all examples actually parse this
argument?

This works even better. But as you state: The taskbar gets really looong...

> So day to day I actually develop under multi-monitor mode as
> it seems to be more stable with the desktop. I just constrain
> the output of the apps to a single monitor

The problem is that I get this problem even for applications that are
restricted to one monitor, ie. osgwindows and osgkeyboardmouse.

> As Robert said - check your using the latest and greatest
> driver it might just start working for you...

The forceware 169.21 driver IS the lastest WHQL drivers for my gfx-card.

/Björn