Thank you,
Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeremy
Moles
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 4:08 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Off-screen rendering

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 15:48 -0500, Tessier, Philip wrote:
> All,
>
> I was able to use the osgprerender example to obtain most of what I
> need - the rendering of a scene into an osg::Image.  As that's ALL I
> want, I need help with a tweak to it.  It uses a viewer.run() to do
> the work.  I've replaced this with a viewer.frame().  This produces a
> flicker on the screen as the viewer realizes the frame.  As I'm
> interested in an off-screen grab, this is annoying.
>
> I'm reasonably sure that I don't want a viewer at all, but I don't
> know what to simplify it to.

This is a copy/paste of a response Robert gave to a question like this a
few months ago...

Where supported one can use a pbuffer on Win32, X11 and Carbon
implementations in osgViewer. Just create the Traits with the pbuffer
option set to true, then create your GraphicsContext as per the
osgcamera or osgwindows examples.

I had recommended looking at how SDL hides the Window, but this is
almost certainly a better solution. :) If you want to get real crazy you
could do something like:

        # OSG_WINDOW="0 0 1 1" ./myApp

...but that's an abysmal hack, and still ends up showing a little tiny
block you can't do anything about. :)