Hi Paul,

I wasn't suggesting that _apps_ link statically, merely that the plugin DLLs link statically against their (non-OSG) dependencies.

Ah, I hadn't seen it that way. It would in that case increase the size of plugins that use the same dependencies (zlib is used by multiple plugins I think), and the thing with multiple OSG versions using more space would remain. But it would be much better than linking apps statically.

Well, it was more of a philosophical question, but a poll would be interesting. Using the ML for that will be horrible, although easy to do. I don't think trac supports polls out of the box. If we could have a web-based poll on the forum site we'd only have to publicize it on osg-users.

What do you mean with the 4th mailing list for 64 bit, b.t.w?

Not 4th mailing list, 4th option in your enumerated list of possibilities of using prebuilt vs self-compiled OSG/dependencies. Mike's 3rd Party binary package is for 32 bit, so if I want to compile OSG in 64 bit I'll have to recompile the dependencies in 64 bit myself.

J-S