> The only significant compile option differences between 2.5.2
> (which works) and svn head (which fails) is that the svn head
> contains an additional /I option not present in 2.5.2:
>    /I "C:\OSGDev\OSG\bld\include"
>
> (that is, essentially, a new "include" subdirectory within
> the build directory, which doesn't exist in 2.5.2.)

Hm. The OpenThreads\Config header (in this directory) #defines a symbol that
results in the inclusion of windows.h within OT's "Atomic" header. I wonder
if this could be why std::max is giving us grief?

I see there has been great discussion about "API config in single header",
so I'll let those of you involved in this decision work it out...
   -Paul