Hi Paul,

The setNestRenderBins only affects where the bin (if any) associated
with the StateSet gets placed in the rendering graph, it doesn't
enable or disable what happens for child StateSet.   I don't believe
it's a feature that you'd want to inherit, its not state like modes
and StateAttributes, it's a control associated with RenderBin
placement and that is tightly bound to the StateSet.

Robert.