Hi Paul,

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 9:34 PM, Paul Martz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If it only applies to a single render bin, then perhaps the name should not
> be plural, which implies (to me, at least), that this setting affects more
> than one bin. The code comment also implies this: "to prevent render bins
> being nested, call setNestRenderBins(false)" perhaps should instead read as
> follows: "to prevent a render bin from being nested, call
> setNestRenderBin(false)".

Yes the plaural is misleading here, removing the s would seem more
apprioate. It looks like I missed the s when I reviewed it... here's
the log:

svn log StateSet
r8455 | robert | 2008-06-19 12:09:20 +0100 (Thu, 19 Jun 2008) | 4 lines

>From Michael Platings and Robert Osfield, added support for controlling,
via StateSet::setNestedRenderBin(bool) whether the new RenderBin
should be nested
with the existing RenderBin, or be nested with the enclosing RenderStage.

> And, I'll repeat my question regarding .osg/.ive support for this feature.
> If I disable render bin nesting, save to a .osg file, then display with
> osgviewer, the nesting is no longer enabled...

This support is missing, I'm afraid it didn't come along with the
original submission and I've been swept away with work so haven't had
the time to fill in all the missing gaps.