-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert
Osfield
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 3:46 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Use of osg::Projection without
DO_NOT_COMPUTE_NEAR_FAR

Hi Chris,

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 10:52 PM, Dorosky, Christopher G
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks, I looked at that, but I haven't quite made it work in my
> application.
>
> I don't quite understand the relationships between the viewer, view
> and camera, particularly in regards to adding a geometry node to
> either the view (via setSceneData) or the camera (addChild).
>
> Since I want my new view to be rendered first, I did a
> setRenderOrder(PRE_RENDER) on the camera attached to the new view.
>
> I verified this is somewhat working since I set the clear color to
> RED, and the scene shows red where the second view isn't drawing.
>
> However, I can't get anything to draw from the first view. I have
> duplicated the projection matrix and the view matrix each frame, set
> the graphics context (once), and disabled the compute_near_far.

The problem is most likely down to you not disabling the color clear of
the main camera.

> Can you shed some light on the relationships between the viewer, view,

> and camera, or point me to a good guide?

I've written lots on the mailing list over the last year, so have a look
at the archives.