Sorry if that last email from me appeared a bit curt; I had an appointment
and wanted to at least get something off to you before I left my computer.
Here's more details...

I mentioned I use Mike's prebuilt binaries for Windows. Attached is a batch
file from Mike's svn tree that contains the package version numbers. You can
compare against your version numbers and see where you might be off. There
have been no changes to Mike's tree since OSG's 2.6.0 release.

> Compilation issues are...

Do you have these same issue when you build OSG v2.6 with these
dependencies? If so, then these issues aren't specific to 2.6.1 and should
not hold up its release.

> 1. The version of LibTiff I have doesn't create a debug
> version, so CMake issues a warning that says it will use the
> release version instead.  Any suggestions to fix this would
> be welcome.

I'm not sure why you aren't getting a Debug version of libTiff.

Assuming you're on Windows... Many will warn you to not mix Release libs
with Debug builds. However, I have found that you can mix them if the
library meets two criteria: 1) the library interface must not use STL, and
2) don't mix the heap (don't alloc memory in Release code and free it in
Debug, for example). libTiff appears to meet these criteria, as far as I
know, so you should be able to mix a Release libTiff with your Debug OSG.

> 2. I get errors with ReaderWriterGif (see below) which
> suggests that I've either got the wrong version, or I need to
> edit libgif's makefile to generate something that OSG can use.

See my first comment above. I'm curious if you see this with an OSG v2.6
build. Check the attached file for the version Mike used for his GIF
dependency.

> 3. A tool "genwrapper" is not recognised (see below for the full error
> message)

Thanks, I'll look into this. I haven't updated or rebuilt the wrappers at
all, so they might need to be updated.
   -Paul
REM list of exact 3rdParty source packages

REM where products will be installed...
set INSTALL_ROOT=%CD%\..
set INSTALL_BIN=%INSTALL_ROOT%\bin
set INSTALL_INC=%INSTALL_ROOT%\include
set INSTALL_LIB=%INSTALL_ROOT%\lib

REM the upstream sources...

set DIR_REDIST=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\redist\x86
set DIR_REDIST_CRT=%DIR_REDIST%\Microsoft.VC80.CRT
set DIR_REDIST_MFC=%DIR_REDIST%\Microsoft.VC80.MFC

set DIR_ZLIB=zlib
set PKG_ZLIB=%DIR_ZLIB%123.zip
set URL_ZLIB=http://www.zlib.net/%PKG_ZLIB%

set DIR_PNG=lpng1229
set PKG_PNG=%DIR_PNG%.zip
set URL_PNG=http://downloads.sourceforge.net/libpng/%PKG_PNG%

set DIR_JPEG=jpeg-6b
set PKG_JPEG=jpegsr6.zip
set URL_JPEG=ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/graphics/%PKG_JPEG%

set DIR_LUA=lua-5.1.3
set PKG_LUA=%DIR_LUA%.tar.gz
set URL_LUA=http://www.lua.org/ftp/%PKG_LUA%

REM upstream project renamed from libungif to giflib
REM set DIR_UNGIF=libungif-4.1.4
REM set PKG_UNGIF=%DIR_UNGIF%.tar.gz
REM set URL_UNGIF=http://downloads.sourceforge.net/libungif/%PKG_UNGIF%

set DIR_FREETYPE=freetype-2.3.7
set PKG_FREETYPE=ft237.zip
set URL_FREETYPE=http://downloads.sourceforge.net/freetype/%PKG_FREETYPE%

set DIR_GLUT=glut-3.7.6
set PKG_GLUT=%DIR_GLUT%-src.zip
set URL_GLUT=http://www.xmission.com/~nate/glut/%PKG_GLUT%

set DIR_TIFF=tiff-3.8.2
set PKG_TIFF=%DIR_TIFF%.zip
set URL_TIFF=ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/libtiff/%PKG_TIFF%

set DIR_VRPN=vrpn_07_17
set PKG_VRPN=%DIR_VRPN%.zip
set URL_VRPN=ftp://ftp.cs.unc.edu/pub/packages/GRIP/vrpn/%PKG_VRPN%

REM TODO -------------------------

set DIR_CURL=curl-7.18.2
set PKG_CURL=%DIR_CURL%.zip
set URL_CURL=http://curl.haxx.se/download/%PKG_CURL%

set DIR_GIFLIB=giflib-4.1.6
set PKG_GIFLIB=%DIR_GIFLIB%.tar.gz
set URL_GIFLIB=http://downloads.sourceforge.net/giflib/%PKG_GIFLIB%

set DIR_PROJ=proj-4.6.0
set PKG_PROJ=%DIR_PROJ%.zip
set URL_PROJ=ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/proj/%PKG_PROJ%

set DIR_GDAL=gdal-1.5.2
set PKG_GDAL=gdal152.zip
set URL_GDAL=http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/%PKG_GDAL%

set DIR_GEOTIFF=libgeotiff-1.2.4
set PKG_GEOTIFF=libgeotiff124.zip
set URL_GEOTIFF=ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/geotiff/libgeotiff/%PKG_GEOTIFF%

set DIR_GLSLFE=OpenGLCompilerSept202005
set PKG_GLSLFE=%DIR_GLSLFE%.zip
set URL_GLSLFE=http://mew.cx/glsl/%PKG_GLSLFE%

REM EOF