Hi Sean,

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Sean Spicer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Looking at the osgforest shader-path, one challenge that I see is that if
> one needs to be able to "pick" the geometry, then the SG doesn't know about
> where it is in space to run an interesector.  Any thoughts on a strategy to
> overcome this?  I was thinking about "hidden" geometry, but the intersector
> wouldn't see it.

The "where on earth is it paradox with vertex shaders"..

Probably the easiest way to solve would be to manually create an
osg::KdTree for where the geometry would be if it had been transformed
and then attach this KdTree to the Drawable where the vertex shader is
playing games.  This would speed intersections as well as solve the
"where on earth is it".