Hi Alberto,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Alberto Luaces <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, as you say you have libxul-dev on Kubuntu but here on Debian it is
> deprecated and now it only ships with xulrunner 1.9. Maybe I could see if
> osgbrowser can be modified to use webkit...

Kubuntu 7.10 and 8.10 do have libxul, which is composed of xul-runner
1.8.x, on them so I was able to get both working with osgbrowser with
just a click.

I'm aware aware that xulrunner-1.9 is the future and 1.8.x support is
soon to be dropped, but there isn't any embedded code based on
xulrunner-1.9 that I've come across.  The example I've written is a
prototype that gets things working, albeit crudely with exisiting
tools.

Using webkit such as via cutter or awesomium
(http://wordpress.com/tag/awesomium/ that uses google's version of
webkit) don't use standard versions of webkit.   Getting an embedded
browser that works with standard webkit's that we can pull down from
existing repositories looks a non starter.

Another six months it may well be a very different story.