Just did some checking on OSG VS settings, and there are some differences in
the primary warning-supressing preprocessor options - once again, I'm not
running the current version or latest dev build, so this may have changed.

In OSG 2.6.0, the following are defined:

_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE

Whereas all of my VS Win32 projects are built with the following:

_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS
_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE

The SCL version (instead of the CRT version) has been known to not supress
warnings for all C-standard functions, so this could be a contributing factor
if the preprocessor defintions have not been changed since 2.6.0.

BTW, all of my work is done in VS2005 (VC8).

Matthew W Fuesz
Software Engineer Asc
Lockheed Martin STS

http://osgforum.tevs.eu/viewtopic.php?p=3898#3898