Hi Guy,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 3:37 AM, Guy Wallis <gwal...@hms.uq.edu.au> wrote:
> I'm new to mailing lists and assumed that threads were generated on the
> basis of the subject line not who I replied to. Thanks for pointing out my
> mistake.

This isn't a mailman mailing list convention, the threading is all
client side, so it's your mail client that will do all the sorting
into threads.  Some mail tools just look at the subject line for
threading, others that other elements from the mail header.  If you do
reply to and change the subject line you still keep some of the old
mail header info which then misdirects some mail clients to thread in
a way that you didn't intend which can be really confusing and
frustrating for those community members with perfectly correct mail
clients.

The best way to start a new thread is to just write directly to the
osg-users this way you don't inherit any of the wrong header info.
And when replying to existing thread just do a reply to and things
should work just fine.

As for your specific problem, the code segment looked correct to me,
so I don't have any ideas what might be up.