Hi Sukender,

I'd prefer not to go in heavy handed, but find a system that right at the
begining sets the right tone for future communication.  I wonder if
providing a better introductory text to forum and mailing about etiquette
and good examples of user names, and have all new subscribers need to be
manually approved - at this approval point one could get back to the
subscriber and ask for human readable user name if one hasn't been given.
For such an approval system we'd need a set of volunteers to be available to
vet and approve new subscribers.  The rate of subscription is around 1 a day
so it typically wouldn't be a great deal of work, the hard part is providing
a quick turn around.

I'll have to defer to Art on how practical this is.

Robert.