    Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:34:39 -0700
    From: Pat Wood <pat.w...@efi.com>
 Subject: Mesa and gldirect
      To: "Jean-Sebastien Guay" <jean-sebastien.g...@cm-labs.com>

I've been playing around with the gldirect5 version of mesa (essentially, the code that SciTech released), which is integrated into mesa 6 (GL 1.1). I saw
the dx7/8/9 directories in Mesa 7.3 and am thinking of taking on the task of
updating the gldirect code to work with it (I believe the gldirect code hasn't
been updated for some time).  This code might be very useful, since a lot of
non-nVidia OpenGL implementations have lots of problems, are old 1.2 or 1.3
APIs, or just don't work.  In particular, we're using Ogre for one of our
products, and it doesn't play well with non-compliant GL implementations.

As for performance, it's about 2.5x slower than the native GL on my GeForce
8600GT, and almost the same speed as the native GL on my laptop with a Mobility Radeon 9000. Shaders are handled by translating GLSL to the DirectX 9 shader
language HLSL.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me. I'm not a member on the
OpenSceneGraph Forum.

Pat

----- End forwarded message -----

                               http://www.cm-labs.com/