On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Michael Platings
<mplati...@pixelpower.com> wrote:
> However, I've discovered that using std::for_each in place of a for loop
> provides a massive speed up - it performs the same is if iterator debugging
> were disabled.
>
> So I'd like to replace the frequently run for loops in osg with a
> std::for_each equivalent. This would be a major performance win for Visual
> Studio users, and I assume it wouldn't hurt everyone else.
> Before I do this I want to check will this be OK with you guys?

This is a VS bug, not a OSG one.  Introducing workarounds for a VS bug
that may has a risk of breaking the OSG is one that I'd be very
cautious about as any code that isn't actually broken introduces a
risk of introducing bugs, so changing for loops to for_each it's not a
without risk.