From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Jean-Sébastien
Guay
Sent: Friday 01 May 2009 15:03
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Visual Studio, Iterator Debugging, Secure SCL, Slow
Performance, and getFileExtension "bug"

Hi Tanguy,

> For the same reasons Robert explained, I'm not in favour of changing OSG code
> to make it faster with checked iterators. But I can definitely understand why
> one would want to disable checked iterators.

Well, you certainly have control over that, disable them if you want.
But if you're planning on releasing a library to be linked to client
code and perhaps other libraries, it places a considerable burden on
your clients (they have to make sure their code, and *all* their
external dependencies, are also compiled with the same options, which is
not the norm), so you better be sure that it is worth it. I can only
tell you that in our applications we haven't been able to verify that.

J-S