Hello Robert,

I've originally contributed the .dds cubemap loading capability that you
rejected. From that time I've been merging my changes with the latest head.
Cubemaps can still be loaded succesfully, but I agree that it may be better to
split osg::Image into multiple classes for the different osg::Textures that it
feeds. Are you envisioning a separate Image class for each Texture class?

Side note:
Last week I ran into a problem with cubemaps in the osgOcean example which
turned out to be a pixelformat problem. The osgOcean example uses 6 separate
images of which one image has a different pixel format. My osg::Image class
supporting cubemaps has only one pixelformat for all 6 data planes and this
caused a problem when copying the six images into the single cubemap image.

kind regards,

Roland Smeenk