2009/5/22 Paul Griffiths <gaffe...@gmail.com>:

> Simon Hammett wrote:
>>
>> Okies, if memory serves me correctly, the clip planes aren't in world
>> coordinates,
>> I think they are in eye coordinates.
>>
>> So that would be take the local intersection coordinate and transform it
>> using
>> computeLocalToEye (in osg/Transform) and test that point.
>>
>> If that doesn't work, you'll need to post another question for how to do
>> that.
>

> Im a little confused how to do what you have suggested.
> the method is : Matrix computeLocalToEye(const Matrix& modelview, const
> NodePath& nodePath, bool ignoreCameras = true)

if you have a viewer, the model view matrix is
pViewer->getCamera()->getViewMatrix();

> what do i put for the modelView? is the nodePath from the picker?
> and do i go like pt *= computeLocalToEye(modelview, nodePath) to transform
> the point?

I think so. Try that.
If it doesn't work I'm out of ideas, but I'll have a play when I get
home tonight.

> And thanks for all your help :)))

No worries.
You've got me interested in this, I'm probably going to need something
similar for the stuff I'm doing at some point.

--
http://www.ssTk.co.uk