Out of curiosity, do you get similar frame rates on the two systems? Are
the other stats similar?

I had asked about this one time and in the end I decided that it was
using 100% of one core intentionally. The run loop is not throttled in
any way, and so I think it will use as much cpu as it can.

Perhaps the nVidia system is better at offloading working or blocks the
CPU differently than the ATI system. In the end, I think this just
points to the CPU being the bottleneck in the ATI system and something
else (video card?) being the bottleneck in the nVidia system.

Cory