Hi all,

I doubt that's the case if he's just running cow.osg. More likely, VSync is not being properly detected on the ATI system, so the viewer is just running free and not waiting for the frame to be drawn on the screen.

I think Jason's guess is right on the money. Check your frame rates, you'll probably see that the nvidia system is running at a steady 60/75 (whatever your refresh rate is) while the ATI system is going at several hundred frames per second (500 or more, most likely).

I've found the first time I run an OSG app on an ATI card, I have this surprise, so I have to set the vsync setting to forced on in the control center. I just always assume that vsync is on by default, and use ATI pretty seldom, so I'm always being bitten by this one...

Hope this helps,

J-S