John Kelso wrote:
Hi,

I'm a bit surprised by this because as far as I know we have a fairly recent
version of Centos.  Are there no other Centos users out there trying 2.8.1?

We're using RHEL 5, but we haven't tried 2.8.1 yet (2.8.0 is meeting our needs for now).

Is cmake-2.4.8 "really old"?

That said, I'll try to get our system guy to install a newer version of
cmake.

The biggest problem is that there's no 2.6.x RPM for RHEL 5 (or Centos 5). You can always compile and install a tarball, but that makes administration of a lot of workstations a bit more difficult.

--"J"