Tomlinson, Gordon wrote:
> Hi Chris
> We for one use vec arrays out side these, it would be nice to have OSG
> support all the typically POD types :).
> It would makes a few thing more straight forward for us

  I started looking at this issue. I can certainly create VecnBlah types out the
ying-yang, but it seems like there should be a way to do this with templates.
I'm not sure
I'm enough of a template guru to do this properly myself.

  So, two questions:

  1. Robert, are you even in support of refactoring the existing Vec* classes
into
manifestations of a template if it can be done transparently and cleanly with
regard to
existing code?

  2. Any template gurus out there want to consult with me on doing this
properly?

  I'm also looking for a STL expert who knows for_each, mem_fun and bin1st
better than I
to tell me what I'm doing wrong on a piece of GDAL code related to VPB. But
that's a
different issue. Anyone who wants to point out my mistake, contact me privately
and I'll
send you the code snippet that is eluding me.