As long as your shape is convex then you should always be able to draw the inside first... even with the camera inside.

-Paul

Andrew Thompson wrote:
Hi Paul, Cheers for your response, ok I missed that first time around, so it is possible, that's good, just not 100% sure on how you implemented it.
One special case is in my system the transparent box is sort of a zone that the
camera may move inside or outside. I need it to render properly in both cases.
Also the box may be irregular (Imaging a polygon for top and bottom with 3-N
points and a fixed height. Top/bottom polygons are the same shape).

So to clarify, should I:

1. Create each face (inner and outer) as well as top/bottom as individual
Geodes, with one Geometry per Geode, one Quad per Geometry

2. Create a stateset on each geode, and set render bin details as follows:

Code:

// Where lower values are the inner faces, higher are outer
ss->setRenderBinDetails(1, "DepthSortedBin");
ss->setRenderBinDetails(2, "DepthSortedBin");
ss->setRenderBinDetails(10, "DepthSortedBin");
ss->setRenderBinDetails(11, "DepthSortedBin");

3. Then depending on whether the camera is inside or outside, swap the order of
the inner/outer faces

4. Do the above in the Update pass

Does this sound about right?

Thank you!