See my other post in this thread as I've done exactly this before. Split the cube into the inside faces and the outside faces, each as their own drawable and then use the render bin number to have the inside always drawn first.

It might be that if you always add the inside child before the outside child then it will always get drawn first (or the other way around depending on how the depth sorting sorts) but it's safer to use bin numbers.

-Paul

Andrew Burnett-Thompson wrote:
Hi Jason,

Ok I've updated my code to work with each side as a geode, however this is still not giving me the results I want. Think a transparent cube, the sides have bounding spheres but at certain camera locations and orientations, the wrong sides are rendered in the wrong order.

For my transparent cube object, is it possible to specify the render order in some sort of call back? So in the update pass, get the camera eye and sort the drawables myself?

Thanks,
Andrew