Hi Daniel,
>> Set a watchpoint on the memory address of the _refCount member of this
particular geometry object.

your idea seems very good but i don't know how to watch a specific memory
address in visual studio. if you know could you tell me because i could not
find.

----

Hi Ümit,

actually i have a terrain. terrain has a geode and geode has a geometry.
i create geometry => refCount = 1
i add it to geode => refCount = 2
i add geode to scene => refCount = 2
application runs.. i see terrain
on runtime or when i want to delete, i check geometry refcount and see
refCount = 3
i remove geometry from geode => refCount = 2
i set my osg::ref_ptr to NULL =>refCount = 1 and my geometry did not
deleted...
when should it be deleted??

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Ümit Uzun <umituzu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ufuk;
>
> As I know, If you create a new object with using ref_ptr, object's default
> ref_ptr should be initialized to 1. And after you have attached it to your
> scene, ref_ptr count gets 2. And after you delete your geometry from your
> scene graph ref count gets 1 again. And then this ref_ptr object will be
> deleted automatically when intelligent ref_ptr decided to it is unneccessary
> some times later. And then it will be deleted automaticly. Be cool.
> ref_ptr's target is counting pointer usage and finding unneccesary pointers.
>
> Regards.
>
> Ümit Uzun
>

> 2009/8/19 Ufuk <ufuk....@gmail.com>
>
>> Hi Ismail,thanks for the advice..
>> i think what you tell probably works but it is very long process... i
>> already thought this but i wanted to try my chance here for an easier way..
>> these recompiling stuff is not easy for me now...
>>
>> anyway there should be an easier way? if i cant find an easier way,
>> i definitely try what you have said..

>>> geometry.
>>> information...
>>> increased so

>>> Hi Ufuk,
>>>
>>> I don't know whether there already is a solution, but I'd suggest you to:
>>> 1. Add virtual qualifier before osg::Referenced::ref method:
>>>  inline virtual void ref() const;
>>> 2. Rebuild OSG
>>> 3. override this method in your custom Geometry class
>>> class MyGeometry : public osg::Geometry
>>> {
>>> public:
>>>  inline virtual void ref() const
>>>  {
>>>    osg::Geometry::ref();
>>>  }
>>> };
>>> 4. Place breakpoint to that method and see callers.
>>>
>>> You can do the same for unref method as well. I haven't tested this
>>> but seems like to give you some hints.
>>>
>>> Ismail
>>>

>> --
>> Ufuk