Hi Chris & Gordon,i did not know visual studio has an ability like that.
i believe i don't know how to use visual studio.. i realized that there are
many features that i did not know especially about these breakpoints.

Hi Jean-Sebastian,
thank you for your answer.. i will search the previous posts of you in the
archives.. it will be really useful for me because even if i use ref_ptr all
the time, i have memory leaks and i can't find them..
it will be useful for me...

thanks...

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Jean-Sébastien Guay <
jean-sebastien.g...@cm-labs.com> wrote:

> Hi Ufuk,
>
>  thank you for your attention.. :)
>> actually i didn't know that it is deleted on "suitable time". i always
>> expected it to be deleted when i set to NULL.
>>

> Perhaps it's as simple as: the render back-end had a ref_ptr to your
> geometry because it was busy rendering it. So when you set your pointer to
> NULL, the ref count went down to 1, and at the end of rendering the current
> frame the render back-end released all its ref_ptrs and your geometry was
> deleted.
>
> Also, search the archives, I have posted a while back a modification to
> osg::Referenced that allowed you to have certain functions called each time
> a ref_ptr increments or decrements its reference count, along with Win32
> functions that captured the call stack at that point. I had developed it as
> a way of tracking a memory leak that was caused by circular ref_ptrs. The
> modifications in question were not general enough to be integrated (in
> particular they had no Linux/MacOS X implementation), but they were
> certainly useful for me, and it could be instructive to you if you want to
> know exactly who has each reference to your object.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> J-S
> --

Ufuk